Second Stage Housing
Elk Valley Family Society supports Safe homes and second stage housing for women — with or without children — who have experienced domestic violence, past or present or who are at risk of domestic violence.
Elk Valley Family Society’s Second stage housing has 10 private apartments available that are subsidized, secure and with support services, where you can live safely and independently as you transition towards a life free of violence. The rent is subsidized. Staff are available to provide emotional support, safety planning, advocacy, accompaniment and referrals.
If you are in immediate danger:
- Call 911 and ask for the police
- Call your community police.
- Safehomes Elk Valley - 1-800-200-3003
- Call VictimLink BC at 1-800- 563-0808.
- Call a transition house or safe home near you.
- Services are for adult women aged 19 years and older, with or without their dependent children.
- Women younger than 19 who are living independently may also be eligible for services. If you are under 19 years of age, connect with us for further details.